Student Academic Consulting Center (SACC)
Beginning in the Fall 2021 semester, SACC services are available both on campus and online. To explore services available in each mode, please navigate our site using the menu options above (mobile) or to your left (standard browser view). To help us serve you, please familiarize yourself with SACC’s policies and procedures before visiting us in person or online.
To make an appointment, cancel an appointment, or access your online sessions, please click Manage Your Appointments and Go to Your Sessions on the left menu.
Safety Is Our First Concern
We are pleased to be offering in-person tutoring on campus this semester. In order to keep both staff and students safe, the following policies and procedures are in place for the Fall 2021 semester:
- Masks are required at all times. Your mask must cover both your mouth and your nose. Students who remove their masks or wear them improperly will be asked to leave the center.
- To keep the number of people in the tutoring rooms low, all in-person tutoring is one-on-one and the number of tutors and staff on duty at any given time has been reduced. Students are not permitted in the center for reasons other than tutoring.
- Students should not bunch up around the front desk. Please stand in the entryway and wait to be called to the desk. The queue should extend out into the hallway, not inside the center.
- Tutoring tables are 3’x3’. However, if either the tutor or the student prefers, tables may be pushed together to create 6 feet of distance. Unvaccinated students are required to request the 6-foot option. It is not necessary for you to disclose your vaccination status when requesting the 6-foot option.
- In-person tutoring sessions are limited to 50 minutes to leave time between sessions for tutors to sanitize their workspace. Please depart promptly when your session ends.
Statement on Student Conduct
SACC expects those who use our services to respect the rights of others. Responsible conduct is expected and required. Individuals who fail to follow the staff’s directions or who engage in unacceptable behavior may lose their center privileges and/or be subject to disciplinary action by the college.
Last Updated: September 20, 2021